Position: Digital Communications and Campaigning Officer
Reporting to: Communication Manager
Based at: Palangka Raya
Contract: Full-time, 09.00 am – 5.00 pm
Borneo Nature Foundation (BNF) Indonesia is seeking a Digital Communications and Campaigning Officer.
This is a fantastic opportunity to combine your passion for the environment, digital communication, and campaigning, while working in an international conservation and research organisation focusing on the rainforests of Borneo.
BNF is a not-for-profit conservation and research organisation working for over 20 years in the rainforests of Borneo. We partner with local stakeholders to implement landscape conservation strategies based on rigorous scientific research, and support communities to develop sustainable livelihoods that complement environmental protection. We work to protect, maintain and enhance Kalimantan rainforest ecosystem, biodiversity and the benefits it provides to communities, through habitat protection and restoration programs, research, education, and community development, in partnership with government, university, company, and community stakeholders.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As the successful candidate you will use your broad range of skills to increase the quality and reach of BNF’s online presence, and help to further expand BNF’s influence.
Working collaboratively with BNF Communication Team, you will help to enable the trusted voices to raise awareness of rainforest conservation. You will also play a developmental role in the organisation by implementing BNF’s communication and outreach strategy.
As Digital Communications and Campaigning officer you will:
- Website and Social Media management: work proactively to develop timely and engaging content for our website and online platforms;
- Maintain the quality of contents and increase the impact of BNF’s social media presence in Indonesia and globally;
- Coordinate production of videos and visual content to promote BNF activities;
- Develop tools and conduct/coordinate training in digital campaigning for BNF members/communities;
- Produce contents, info-graphics and project videos for Borneo Nature Foundation’s online communications, press releases, and project funders. Assisting with the coordination of visiting filmmakers and photographers in Palangka Raya and at Borneo Nature Foundation field sites when needed.
- Provide opportunities for BNF members/communities to participate in digital campaigning;Contribute to design digital fundraising strategy in partnership with the Fundraising Working Group (BNF International)
- Assist in development and distribution of e-newsletters
- Manage and undertake website and social media analytics;
- Compiling and organising photographs and videos for the media library to support communication outreach;
- Assist with the design and implementation of digital communications and campaigning strategy;
- When requested, participating in BNF field activities and events (including meetings, workshops and socialisations) for photo and video documentation, and identifying and writing stories.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
Essential skills and experience
- WNI (Indonesian only)
- At least 2-3 years of experience working in a digital communications, campaign, and conservation youth organization;
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications, social sciences, graphic design, or related field;
- Knowledge and/or experience in national or international campaigning;
- Understanding of storytelling and audiences;
- Intellectual ability to understand dynamic scientific, environmental, and social issues;
- Familiar with digital fundraising, income generation, social media, youtube, and use of google analytics and SEO;
- Have demonstrable experience in producing high-quality written content, presenting compelling cases for support and impact information;
- Maintaining and developing successful donor relationships through timely and appropriate communications and engagement;
- Experience maintaining a variety of social media platforms;
- Proficient with social media and website content management system;
- Ability to write engaging content for digital distribution;
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines and requests simultaneously, detail oriented, strong organizational skills;
- Graphic design, video editing, videography and photography skills and experience;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- A drive to do what it takes to get the job done well;
- Positive, self-motivated, quick learner; sense of humor a must.
- Self-starter, motivated, results-driven;
- Friendly with a positive attitude;
- Be passionate about all things digital and environment issues;
- Able to work independently, manage deadlines and prioritise work in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent time management skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Good at working as part of a cross-functional team.
Desirable, not essential:
- Experience using Adobe Suite and WordPress, In-Design, Hootsuite, Buffer, Mailchimp, and Facebook Business Manager, Google analytics, Dotdigital, Experience in film & Podcasts.
How to Apply?
To apply for this role please submit here. Applications close at 5.00 pm Jakarta time on 09 of August 2021.