BNF is looking for an enthusiastic and passionate candidate to fill the role of Content and
Communications Assistant within the international team based in Penryn, UK. The Content
and Communications Assistant will maintain and improve BNF’s engagement with partners,
funders, fundraisers, supporters, and other relevant parties by preparing, reviewing, and
editing reports, media communications and other outputs; joining our European fundraising
team to identify and pursue new fund-raising and awareness opportunities within the UK,
such as with universities, schools, zoos, clubs and societies and the general public; and
providing excellent supporter liaison; managing our online shop and generally supporting the
administration of BNF.
The postholder will work in the BNF International office based in the Tremough Innovation
Centre on Penryn Campus, and will work with the wider BNF team across Indonesia and
Europe via means of virtual communication daily.
The postholder will also be expected to visit the project sites in Borneo once a year to gain
first-hand experience of our work; dependent on any travel or visa restrictions that may be in
place owing to COVID-19 or other reasons.
• Produce, review and edit reports, profiles and other publications for financial donors,
internal documentation, public content, and scientific publications.
• Support the Indonesian communications team by reviewing and editing materials
produced by them, including social media posts, website content, blog posts and
• Support fundraisers with their activities, including individuals, schools, community
groups, companies and zoos, liaising regularly with them and providing necessary
support and feedback.
• Identify and follow-up on new fundraising opportunities which BNF can set up or take
part in to widen our reach and encourage members of the public to support or
fundraise for BNF.
• Manage the BNF online shop, taking responsibility for dispatching orders, tracking
stock, reporting and analysing sales data, and other related tasks.
• Support the Chief Executive and senior staff as requested on administrative tasks and
other relevant aspects of their roles.